Research shows that mindset plays a significant role in determining life’s outcomes. A mindset is a set of attitudes or fixed beliefs that somebody has. Mindsets can be difficult to change! Our mindset is crucial & affects the way that we think, the way that we act, & how we perceive the world around us! A strong mindset can set us up for a life filled with abundance, success, & happiness, while a poor mindset can destroy us!
Recognizing Mindset Problems
Recognizing the mindset problems you possess allows you to overcome them & progress forward! Here are some common mindset problems.
- Procrastination- The act of delaying or postponing something.
- Self-Sabotage - Actively or passively taking steps to prevent ourselves from reaching our goals.
- Comparing Syndrome - Comparing yourself to someone else, what they have, where they’ve been, what they do, who they’re with, & more.
- Fear - Unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone of something is dangerous or a threat, likely to cause pain.
- Perfectionism - Refusal to accept any standard short of perfection.
- Self-Doubt - Lack of confidence in oneself & one’s abilities.
- Ego - A person’s sense of self esteem & self importance.
- It’s Too Late - The feeling that something desirable cannot be accomplished because the right time has already passed.
- Unworthy - The belief that you are undeserving or “not good enough” to reach your full potential.
- Overcomplicate - Creating too much complexity about a situation or circumstance.
- Limiting Beliefs - Beliefs that limit your potential & success. I’m not creative, I’m bad at public speaking, etc.
- Scarcity - Seeing life as a finite pie, so that if one person takes a big piece, that leaves less.
- Victim Mentality - An acquired trait in which a person considers themselves a victim of their circumstances.
Implementing Mindset Principles
Replacing your mindset problems with mindset principles will help set you up for success. Here are 10 mindset principles for you to implement today!
- Growth Mindset - The belief that basic abilities can be developed through hard work & dedication.
- Start Before You’re Ready - The path to success is go, set, ready! Not ready, set, go. Move before you are ready.
- Done Is Better Than Perfect - Taking imperfect action matters before anything else. Getting things done goes further than having it perfect.
- Embrace Failure - Failure is constant feedback! Successful people have failed numerous times.
- Take Action - Clarity comes from taking action, not thinking about it.
- Visualization - Visualize your success. If your mind can conceive it, then you can achieve it.
- Consistency Is Key - Repeatedly doing something over a period of time will yield an outcome.
- Patience - Trust the process! Rome wants built in a day.
- Own Your Attention - Fulfillment is created when we spend more time living our lives intentionally. Be intentional with your actions, thoughts, & time.
- Transform “Have To” Into “Get To” - Transform every “have to” into gratitude! Obligations are actually incredible privileges.
- Introduce Better Self Talk - We all have that little voice in the back of our head. Learn how to use it to your advantage. Talk positive about yourself!
- Consume Good - Your output will only be as good as your input. Surround yourself with positive people, experiences, content, & ideas.
Everything Happens FOR You, Not To You - All of life’s experiences happens for a reason. Experiences, both good & bad help us grow and expand our consciousness to become better versions of ourselves. Life happens FOR you.
Take Risks - Risks must be taken! The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, & is nothing!
Welcome Challenges & Adversity - You won't discover who you are until you're tested or faced with challenges. Challenges & Adversity help build a resilient mindset
Get Out of Your Comfort Zone - Growth never happens when you’re comfortable
Final Thought: The Wolf You Feed
One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.
He said, "My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all.
One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.
The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"
The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."
A Quote From The Power of Now
"The mind is a superb instrument if used rightly. Used wrongly, however, it becomes very destructive. To put it more accurately, it is not so much that you use your mind wrongly — you usually don't use it at all. It uses you. This is the disease. You believe that you are your mind. This is the delusion. The instrument has taken you over." - Eckhart Tolle